Eco Yoga in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
YOGA AND WELLNESS RETREAT
with Kate Goss and Pamela Terlizzi
June 20 to 27, 2020
fill (something) up again.
Join Kate & Pam for 7 nights of exploration and rejuvenation. Reconnect with nature as you immerse yourself in all of the beauty that is Costa Rica. All meals are locally sourced and will be produced with what is seasonal. Classes will be held in the outdoor yoga shala to remain close to nature. Morning yoga classes will be vinyasa flow, linking the breath with invigorating movement. Each of our practices will blend a mix of power and restorative poses, making each class available to all levels.
set again or differently.
Afternoon classes will be themed-based to complement the day’s adventures; hiking through the lush jungle, zip lining up in the trees (don’t forget to look for sloths), or a visit to an actual sweat lodge. The beach is minutes away for sunning, swimming, and surfing. Come back to your mat for Yin, slow flow, guided meditation, or restorative. All designed to allow you to feel energized, yet relaxed.
bring into existence or effect again.
Evenings are for doing the work on yourself, to hit the reset button and guide you back to the natural rhythm of life. Journaling, manifesting, making mala beads, integrating Ayurveda are just some of the tools to help guide you back to that natural rhythm. Our main objective is to create a safe and nurturing space for you to reflect, connect, relax, and make relationships not just with others, but with the most important person. YOURSELF!
Kate and Pam believe very strongly in the power of yoga to heal, and when it happens in a natural setting as beautiful as Costa Rica, with other like-minded souls – the effects can be truly transformational.
Triple occupancy: $1,550 per person (2 available)
Double occupancy: $1,850 per person (5 available)
Single occupancy: $2,150 (2 available)
$500 non-refundable deposit and registration form required to secure your spot. Deposit is due by Wednesday March 25th.
Balance is due by Wednesday May 20th.
HOW TO REGISTER
This yoga retreat includes:
- Welcome snack upon arrival
- 3 homemade, organic meals per day (mostly gluten-free and vegan—all allergy and dietary needs can be accommodated)
- Transportation to and from San Jose Airport (SJO) at 2 pm upon arrival and 1 pm departure
- Morning yoga class or workshop
- Afternoon yoga class (usually slower flow)
- Special evening events with Kate and Pam
- Hike through Rainmaker Conservation Project
- Visit to the Sweat Lodge
- Afternoon of Surfing
- Ziplining Excursion
- Pool and sundeck with hammocks, lounge chairs, umbrellas
- Bicycles for trips to nearby beach and local spots
- Onsite concierge to book excursions
- Onsite driver
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Private bathrooms
- Hot water
- Organic hair and body care products
Helpful information so you enjoy your Costa Rica yoga retreat
- The currency is Colon. Exchange rate averages between 530 to 550 colones to US dollar. US dollar is generally accepted everywhere. If you do pay in dollars, you will receive change in colons. Recommended to bring denominations of $20 or less.
- Water: No need to buy plastic bottles of water. Just bring your favorite water bottle and refill at filtered water stations. All water on property goes through 2 filters before reaching the room and kitchen.
- Alcohol: Vida Asana does not serve alcohol on site. There are several locations where guests can purchase alcohol and keep in their mini fridge.
- Credit cards: Not accepted at Vida Asana. Only cash is accepted on the property.
- Passport: Required and must have at least 6 months validity remaining to enter country. No visa required if traveling from US or CAD.
- Electrical power: Same outlets at US so no need for adaptors.
- Weather: June marks the beginning of the “green season.” The weather is still transitioning. Expect it to be half-dry and half-wet.
In retrospect, it only makes sense that Kate’s early experiences were leading her down a yogic path. As a classically trained ballet dancer and student of philosophy, she has been a lifelong enthusiast of mind body integration and the revelatory power that it possesses. For Kate, yoga has proven far greater than just a form of physical exercise, a method of stress relief, or a means of surrender. She’s found it to be a practical form of self realization that has granted her true agency and clarity in her own life, and aims to share this with her students. Kate has most recently been trained at Laughing Lotus and has received her certification in the widely recognized and loved signature Lotus Flow. Kate has also received her level 1 Reiki certification in the Usui tradition. Expect a high energy, soulful flow set to an eclectic playlist – always with an emphasis on fluidity, grace & the unparalleled joy that can be found through creative physical expression.
Pamela has been practicing yoga for over ten years, having explored vinyasa, Baptiste power yoga and Ashtanga. She found Mysore style Ashtanga Yoga during college and has remained committed to the traditional teachings. Pamela completed a 200hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga Vida, NYC in April 2017. Her classes are invigorating: offering physical challenge plus a nugget of yoga philosophy. Pamela teaches to empower students to live life with enthusiasm and integrity. Off of the mat you can find her exercising her creative muscles, exploring the neighborhood, and educating others about nutrition through her work as a dietitian.