10 Reasons to Do 20 in 30
Have you heard about PFY’s 20 Classes in 30 Days Challenge? Maybe you’ve completed it (several times). Or maybe you’ve thought about it (a lot). Or maybe you don’t know exactly what the heck is going on. It’s simple, we promise. Starting November 1, you take 20 classes in 30 days. When you finish, you win a prize. If you don’t quite make it to 30, be proud of your accomplishments.
Still on the fence? Here are 10 Reasons Why You Should Do 20 Classes in 30 Days.
Remember to sign your name on the white posterboard now! Once it’s filled, the challenge is filled!
1. You will sweat. Detox away any damage you did over the summer while you make room for a healthier new you.
2. You will strengthen. Doing hot power yoga 20 times in a month will tone you up. It’s guaranteed.
3. You will lengthen. Any tight places in your body will begin to open from this regular and consistent yoga practice.
4. You will be challenged. You may not think you can do 20 classes in 30 days. That’s how most of us feel. But you actually can. You will be sore on some days. On others, you just won’t want to do yoga. But you’ll do it despite whatever obstacles stand in your way. How does that feel? Try it, and tell us!
5. You will declutter your schedule and your mind. To fit more yoga into your life, you will have to clear a few things away. If your to-do list drives you crazy, this is your chance to clean it up. You’ll have to X out parts of the daily grind that aren’t essential. You will fill your calendar with yoga. Your mind will become so much more clear and focused.
6. You will be part of a community. During the 30 days of this challenge, the yogis get really tight. They share their ups and downs on the 20 in 30 PFY All Stars Facebook page. They laugh, hug and cry together because they see each other every day. You’ll have these people on your team, and the friendships last long after the challenge ends.
7. You will discover your yoga super power. During the challenge, you will improve some of your poses. So whether you’re working on tadasana, tree, crow or handstand, you will see yourself grow.
8. You will try new classes and teachers. To get all 20 in, most people have to change up their yoga routines. That means you will go at times you haven’t tried before. You’ll find your likes and dislikes and start to tailor your practice perfectly to you.
9. You get to brag. Seriously. This is hard. Tell everyone.
10. You will win a prize. At the end, if you complete all 20, you get a PFY 20 in 30 tank or T-shirt or car magnet. But even better, you win a huge sense of accomplishment. This is true if you only do 2. Try 20 in 30 and see how great it feels for yourself! Sign up at your home studio soon. #PFY20in30